Re: Stopping open proxies and open relays

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Sat Feb 07 09:50:49 2004

Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

On Friday 06 February 2004 20:43, Adi Linden wrote:

There are valid reasons not to run antivirus software,

And they are?

With the exception of my BBS (still running) and until 2 weeks ago I hadn't run any av software on my machines (now I run clamav via postfix to stop the stream of incoming crap in my inbox)....

I've never needed to run any anti virus software. Funnily enough neither has my wife or son (age 9) they both know the golden rules. No disks from friends, no cover disks, and don't open any attachment unless you know what it is and who it's from. (and the other measure - linux runs on the desktops, so no LookOut Express)

To date I haven't been infected with a virus (except when analysing a few, but that's another story).

/ Mat