Re: Stopping open proxies and open relays

  • From: Robin Lynn Frank
  • Date: Sat Feb 07 00:35:25 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 21:00, Adi Linden  wrote:
> > > There are valid reasons not to run antivirus software,
> >
> > And they are?
>
> P90w/32MB running Win95 used for email only... or insufficient finances
> to purchase anti virus software... to name a couple.

Not to be argumentative, but by that logic, I guess it is okay to drive my
1948 Ford which doesn't have brakes if I don't have the cash to fix it.

It may be a reason, but not a valid reason.  Intentionally running a computer
in a manner which can do substantial damage to others is not an option.

We run AV on our systems which are Linux based to insure that nothing goes
thru our network which could harm others.

--
Robin Lynn Frank | Director of Operations | Paradigm-Omega, LLC

Email acceptance policy:  http://paradigm-omega.com/email_policy.php