RE: ISS X-Force Security Advisories on Checkpoint Firewall-1 and VPN-1

  • From: Ingevaldson, Dan (ISS Atlanta)
  • Date: Fri Feb 06 15:56:16 2004

ISS notified Check Point on 2/2/2004, and Check Point made their update
for the FW-1 HTTP issue on 2/4/2004.  It is our policy to only release
public information when the affected vendor has published information
and/or released a fix.

Check Point only released one fix on 2/4/2004, not two fixes to address
both issues.  As stated in the ISS VPN-1 Advisory, Check Point no longer
supports the VPN-1 4.1 line, and recommends that customers upgrade to
NG.

Daniel Ingevaldson
Director, X-Force R&D
[email protected]