RE: ISS X-Force Security Advisories on Checkpoint Firewall-1 and VPN-1

  • From: McBurnett, Jim
  • Date: Fri Feb 06 09:54:25 2004

->
->> Why is that bad?  I have no objection to giving vendors a reasonable
->> amount of time to fix problems before announcing the whole.
-> Or is your
->> point that two days hardly seems like enough time to develop -- and
->> *test* -- a fix?
HMMM,
If I was a real hacker, and I found the problem, might I also know the fix?
And if I was really nice, would I give that fix to the vendor?
Or could it be that a former Checkpoint employee is now an ISS employee?
Or .....?