Re: ISS X-Force Security Advisories on Checkpoint Firewall-1 and VPN-1

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Thu Feb 05 13:21:21 2004

At 08:56 AM 2/5/2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
Is there some really good "network security for dummies" book that I
can point such people at?
A "social" approach is often more effective than the "technical" approach i.e. it is often easier to hack into a secured system via "social hacking". In a similar vein, while I have no idea if it's "good", but I bet it would be satisfying *and* effective (no matter if he actually reads the book or not) to buy a copy and give it to the luser^W idiot ^W NOCling in question:

<http://www.cobb.com/chey/Network_Security_for_Dummies.html>

You could take a cluebat[1] along when you give it to him. A bit of carrot and stick approach. :-)

jc

[1] <http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030210&mode=classic> UF was actually selling these for a while, unfortunately they are all sold out now.