Re: Strange public traceroutes return private RFC1918 addresses

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Wed Feb 04 18:14:58 2004

Hani Mustafa <[email protected]> writes:

> How does a 50Mbyte MTU sound like?
>
> http://www.psc.edu/~mathis/MTU/

Sounds like a 10 terabyte packet buffer per interface in the router to
me.  Sure will be spiffy to have a nice fine granularity of 50 megs
per packet for TCP backoff - handy thing that ever since rfc1323 you
can have 32-bit window sizes, or were these guys proposing dispensing
with the window altogether since 99.9999% of the time the data you
have to send will be under 50 megs?  I'll channel Randy for a moment
and encourage my competitors to do this...  on their *own* networks,
please.

                                        ---Rob