Data Center Building Considerations

  • From: Aaron Thomas
  • Date: Wed Feb 04 17:30:21 2004

Hello,

We are doing some preliminary research into relocating our facilities into a
new building.  This building has not been built and we would like to have
some input into at least one of the floors being suitable for a Data Center
installation.  What I was wondering is if there are any serious design
consideration with respect to floor loading, access for things like
HVAC/Power, and general convenience issues such as cable management, access
security and the like.

If anyone has recently gone through any kind of building design or similar
work for this type of installation, perhaps you would be able to share your
experience or information on the subject.

Either a reply to the list or off list would be great.

Cheers,

Aaron