Re: antivirus in smtp, good or bad?

  • From: Joe Maimon
  • Date: Tue Feb 03 10:56:21 2004

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

Joe Maimon  [2/3/2004 8:43 PM] :

What you are saying is that every mailhost on the Internet should run up to date and efficient virus scanning? Pattern matching and header filtering? Should the executable attachmant become outlawed on the Internet? Recognize when a "to be bounced email" is a spoof and discard the DSN?

You are going to an extreme there I'm afraid ... I do agree that exaggeration helps stress a point, but ...

<snip>

What I was really trying to say is that it is far from a simple topic.