Re: other virus damages/costs.....(hello skynet.be ?)

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Mon Feb 02 08:45:58 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> Looking at my disk stats, my mail storage spool has grown by 15% in the
> past week not due the deluge of viruses which I can block and reject, but
> in large part to those idiotic "Hi, I am sorry in a happy idiotic way to
> inform you that the message you sent has a virus" messages....  As almost
> all of them forge their email address, what is the point of warning the
> "sender."  Even better, I wake up this am to 285 (and growing) messages
> below telling me that someone at skynet is trying to send me a virus
> message and it cc's 64 other people.  Nice.

Enough people are sufficiently annoyed by antivirus
notifications/advertisements that they're starting to ask for DNSBLs of
systems that send them.  I suspect before long, there will be some.

But this really doesn't seem to be NANOG material.  Try spam-l or
spamtools.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |