Re: Verizon mail troubles

  • From: David Lesher
  • Date: Sun Feb 01 10:07:20 2004

> Personal Favorite:
>
> We put a move order in with VZ for June 12, then rescheduled to July 12
> (we were moving across the st.) of this year. On May 12 we come in and
> discover that half our lines don't work. After 4 hours on the phone, it
> turns out they took exactly half our lines (interestingly enough
> 1,3,5,7,etc.) and moved them across the street, and wired them into the
> phone block for what was to be our neighbouring office. People calling
> us got a furniture consulting firm half the time. It took me 5 days to
> get all our lines back where they belonged, as when they moved them back
> they decided to leave a couple there and then not acknowledge the
> problem, only to move again finally in July and have them forget to move
> a couple lines over.

Reminder:

All the above and most of the previous horror stories are TARIFFED
services. You can and should write them up and submit them to
your state PSC, with a cc: to the FCC.

I don't claim that this magically solves things, but in all things
political, a *paper* record never ever hurts. Some PSC's are far
better than others about reviewing same & acting. And while the
current FCC is unlikely to do much, come next election there may
be a different team on top....but your complaint is still on file.

--
A host is a host from coast to [email protected]