Re: Don't Panic II (Re: updated root hints file)

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu Jan 29 00:46:22 2004

At 08:40 PM 28-01-04 -0800, Donovan Hill wrote:

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 07:19 pm, bill wrote:

>       "B" will continue to answer on -BOTH- addresses for at least
>       24 months. Even so, we encourage ISPs and DNS admins to make
>       the changes at their earliest opportunity.  That will leave the
>       "tail" to clean up after those folks who may not be avid NANOG
>       readers. :)  Questions?

I wonder how many systems will _still_ be trying to get to b.root-servers.net
at the old address in 5 or even 10 years.
NANOG44 in October 2008 (I believe in Phoenix) will be having a presentation by Bill Manning entitled "DNS retards".

-Hank

--
Donovan Hill
Electronics Engineering Technologist, CCNA