NANOG30 PGP Key Signing

  • From: Majdi S. Abbas
  • Date: Wed Jan 28 11:27:15 2004

	When you stop by the registration desk at NANOG30, there will
be colored stickers available for your nametag that indicate if you
have an interest in signing PGP keys.  If people keep trying to peer with
you, you've picked up the wrong color sticker and should go back.

	Additionally, there will be a PGP key signing party held during
NANOG30 in (hopefully) sunny Miami.  We are scheduled to meet on Monday
night at 10:30 or so, after the Peering BOF.  If the Peering BOF is running
a little late, I'll delay us and ask Bill to tell jokes until everyone
leaves. :-)

	Those of you who plan to participate should email an ASCII extract
of your public key to [email protected] by noon on Monday, February 9th.  Please
include 'NANOG PGP KEY' in the subject, and if possible, don't send your key
as a MIME attachment.  I realize that some MUAs make this difficult, and I
will attempt to fix any MIME attached keys.  Instructions for extracting
your key to an ASCII file are below.

	After 5pm on the 9th, a complete key ring with all of the submitted
keys will be available at http://www.latt.net/nanog30.pgp in binary form,
and as an ASCII file at http://www.latt.net/nanog30.txt

	Handouts with the details of each key submitted will be provided.
All you should need to bring with you is:

	* Photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
	* Your key ID, and its fingerprint
	* A pen

	Thank you, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in Miami!

	How to extract your public key to an ASCII file:

	PGP 2.x:
		pgp -kxa your_email_address mykey.asc

	PGP 5.x:
		pgpk -xa your_email_address > mykey.asc

	GnuPG:
		gpg --export --armor your_email_address > mykey.asc

	PGP on Windows:

		Start the PGPkeys application, select your key in the
	list, click on the Keys menu, select Export, name the resulting
	file, and make sure that Include Private Keys is NOT checked.

	PGP on a Mac:

		I assume the procedure is similar to the one for Windows,
	but cannot confirm this.  Hopefully it's easy enough to figure
	out.