How does one reach a human being at AT&T?

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Wed Jan 28 01:14:58 2004

I have an AT&T T-1 taking errors.  Their trouble reporting number dumps
me into the IVR from hell.  It even has machines calling me back at
intervals with status.  The status says "A test was run..."  No hint as to
the results of the test.

One of the choices is to say or hit "2" if you need further assistance.

Doing so gets a response telling you to call their maintenance center which
is the same machine that I used to generate the ticket in the first place.

Furrfu!  The telephone company doesn't have anyone to answer the telephone.

Even "Floyd"[1] is looking pretty good at this point.

Anyone have a secret number or touchtone sequence to share?  Swearing at
it doesn't work.  This is a point-to-point circuit, not an Internet T-1.

[1] http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/02/21/BU227355.DTL

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - [email protected]
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV