Re: sniffer/promisc detector

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Thu Jan 22 02:35:20 2004

I saw such scanners 6 years ago (amazingly, they could not determine very
old OS and very oold services...).
But, just again, no one use it in automated scans over the  Internet. As I
was saying, port camuphlaging works as a very first line of defense - it
cuts 99% of all attacks and akllow you to deal with the rest 1%.

I'll measure time tomorrow... Such tools are usually very slow (and lost
20 - 50% of all packets, so to have a reliable result, you must scan host
2 - 4 times).