Re: Nachi/Welchia Aftermath

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Tue Jan 20 18:43:37 2004

: : What kind of effects did everyone see from this devastating worm and what
: : lessons did we learn for preventing network downtime in the future?
:
:
: Proper network design is a good thing...  ;-)

Before I get flamed, I should say that is for end-user networks, not the
normal BANs (Big A$$ Networks) that're the norm on this list.  I'm a
.edu-eyeball network now-a-days and I don't have to get everything to the
end-user nor do I have to send out everything from the end-user, so I can
block whatever I need, so long as my customers are happy.  99.9% of the
time, they don't know I'm blocking anything...

scott