Re: New IPv4 Allocation to ARIN

  • From: william
  • Date: Mon Jan 19 17:01:54 2004

I don't know for certain and I'm guessing based on existing pattern (although
for 70/8 ARIN did mention at one point it will be allocated to them I think).
The pattern is that IANA tries to allocate blocks consequently to RIRs
(don't know why, its not like like RIRs would be announcing blocks as /7 :)
and right now this looks as as follows:
 ARIN: 64/8 -> ... -> 79/8 (so next one is 71/8, then 72/8, etc)
 RIPE: 80/8 -> .... ???? (so next one 85/8)
 APNIC: 218/8 -> 223/8 (note: 223/8 had reserved /24 and APNIC turned down
		        this allocation, so it remains in reserve)
        61/8 -> 58/8 (so next one I'll guess to be 59/8, then 58/8)
        Also I'm going to make a prediction that after 58/8, the next
	block maybe 126/8 counting backwards again towards RIPE blocks
 LACNIC: 200/8 -> 201/8 (I'm not certain which will be next, if I have to
			 guess, it might be 49/8 and 50/8)
 AFRINIC: 196/8 -> 197/8 (too far away to guess any other ones)

We'll see how correct these predictions are, lets come back to this in say
year 2010 and then you can get me for being so very wrong :)