Re: New IPv4 Allocation to ARIN

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Mon Jan 19 16:44:19 2004

Not to rain on your parade, but, how do you know 71 will go to ARIN and
not to RIPE, APNIC, or LACNIC or AfriNIC?

Owen

--On Monday, January 19, 2004 9:27 -0800 [email protected] wrote:

It has been known for quite some time that next block to be allocated to
ARIN is 70/8 (and next one will be 71/8). It might have been nice if ARIN
were to run projections and inform community that by its projections it
will be requesting new /8 ip block in say 2 month time.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:

On 16.01 13:13, [email protected] wrote:
> Alternatively, the RIRs might consider doing this sort of thing before
> allocating IPs from new blocks.  I know it's not their job to make sure
> IPs are routable (especially not on every remote network), but as
> holders of all the IPs, they are in the best position to setup such
> test sites that would expose problems before they're dumped on
> members.

Personally I agree with you and I will argue accordingly in the relevant
places. Cooperation with the bogon project seems logical too.

Daniel

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.