Re: SMTP problems from *.ipt.aol.com

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Jan 16 22:52:23 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> You just noticed this now?
>
> AOL has, since the past several months (over a year I think) set up
> their dynamic IP pool *.ipt.aol.com to hijack port 25 outbound requests
> and reroute it through a set of their own mailservers, that do some
> elementary rate limiting and filtering.

True, but it appears AOL has cranked something up in the last couple
of weeks or something is choking more often.  If you look at various
places where users like to gripe, you'll notice an uptick of queries
and complaints on the subject.

I can't explain what changed, and haven't seen any explanation from AOL
about what changed.