Re: New IPv4 Allocation to ARIN

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Fri Jan 16 16:50:51 2004

Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:56:24AM -0500, [email protected] wrote:

All you early adopters of 69/8 now have somebody to share your pain with....

I wouldn't be surprised if more people are filtering 69/8 now than before,
roughly 40% of the spam hitting my servers is from there.

It also seems that 69box.atlantic.net (or someone nearby) is filtering one specific size of ICMP packets.

Is certain packet size also considered a "bogon" or is this something that will eventually be removed
from the filters?

Pete