Re: interesting article on Saudi Arabia's http filtering

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Thu Jan 15 21:24:03 2004

On 2004-01-16, Vadim Antonov <[email protected]> wrote:
> Installing a whitelisting and challenge-response mail filer on my box

[my rant about c/r elided as offtopic and beaten to death here]

> The solution to "high offensiveness" is to grow up and stop behaving like
> the sight of some physiological function is going to kill us. It is

You might find a series of excellent papers by Prof Jon Zittrain and Ben
Edelman of the Berkman Center at Harvard Law School quite interesting.

For example, this one, delivered at APRICOT 2003 in Taipei titled "Internet
Filtering: Technologies & Best Practices"
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/pubs/APRICOT-filtering

        --srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations

ps: Extract from that presentation: nice list, I must say ...