Re: /24s run amuck

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Wed Jan 14 23:40:33 2004

--On Wednesday, January 14, 2004 3:36 PM -0500 Daniel Golding <[email protected]> wrote:

There is one mechanism for helping to solve this. Is there an RFC,
informational or otherwise that clearly specifies that BGP announcements
to peers and transit providers must be aggregated to the greatest extent
possible?
Just want to clarify that BGP announcements to peers should by default be aggregated as far as possible, but can be completely deaggregated if both parties agree.

For example, if you have a BGP session with my employer and we haven't mentioned it recently, we would *love* deaggregation. Send us /32s, MEDs, communities and we'll chew it up and ask for more.

But we're special - we don't have a network and we don't sell transit.