Re: PC Routers (was Re: /24s run amuck)

  • From: haesu
  • Date: Wed Jan 14 21:52:23 2004

> OSPF and ISIS, etc redistribution is a Zebra/etc function and I am told
> it is pretty good at these functions.
>
> >multilink PPP? With spanning tree on multiple VLANs? With peer groups?
>
> Most of these are OS functions, but I believe they support peer groups
> in the later editions of the software.

We extensively and heavily utilize peer-groups all over at the edge of our IPv6
testbed network, which is mainly powered by Quagga (Some zebra), and a couple
C's and J's. We absolutely had no problem running peer-groups with Quagga in
both v6 and v4 as of date. Remember that Zebra/Quagga is not a _solution_. It
is a userland component you build into an OS or a platform, to BUILD a solution.

--
James Jun (formerly Haesu)
TowardEX Technologies, Inc.