Re: /24s run amuck

  • From: Timothy Brown
  • Date: Wed Jan 14 15:52:09 2004

> >I stand corrected. The following page comparing Cisco and Imagestream
> >is quite interesting.
> >
> >http://www.imagestream.com/Cisco_Comparison.html
> >

> Hmm -- does anyone here have one?  How good a job did they do locking
> down Linux?

I have one.  Two, actually.

They have user-friendlied it up - you log in and you get a not-that-fancy
menu interface.  The router is based on gated, not zebra/quagga.   It works
alright, but there are a number of gaping inconsistencies with it.  It's not
necessarily that I have a problem with PC routers, it's that their
implementation leaves some to be desired.

For further information, inquiries to me off-list.

Tim