updating bogon filters for 83/8 and 84/8

  • From: Frans ter Borg
  • Date: Sat Jan 10 14:23:05 2004

hello,

On November 15th 2003, IANA allocated 83/8 and 84/8 to RIPE.

RIPE has started allocating prefixes from these blocks to LIRs around
Europe. We received 83.116.0.0/14 and have started connecting domestic
users with these IP addresses.

Unfortunately, quite a few ISPs and corporates out there, have not yet
updated their bogon filters to allow for these ranges to pass. These are
including sites like cnn.com, yahoo.com and excite.com.

I'd like to ask everyone to doublecheck whether you are currently allowing
these addresses to pass your prefix filters and that you're no longer
nullrouting them...

Many thanks,

Frans

--
Quanza Engineering B.V.              Elandsstraat 44
Frans ter Borg                       1016 SG Amsterdam