Re: Upcoming change to SOA values in .com and .net zones

  • From: John L Crain
  • Date: Wed Jan 07 19:54:15 2004

Frank,

I normally keep quiet on these lists, enough people post without me
doing it.

>> Yes, but we all know there are quite some non-compliant dns-servers out
>> there. Do they want to break the largest zone for a few days for all
>> non-compliant servers?

Can you explain how this can plausibly "break the zone" because others
use non compliant servers?

All of the servers, both secondary and primary, are run by VeriSign.
They know what Server software they are running. They control each of
those servers, so why are people getting so "vocal"?

I enjoy giving Matt grief as much as anyone does :) but I'm not sure
why people are hassling him on this. To echo Joe's e-mail...thanks for the update
Matt.

JC