Re: GSR, 7600, Juniper M?, oh my!

  • From: Dan Armstrong
  • Date: Tue Jan 06 22:24:20 2004

GSRs are useless if you are doing any kind of aggregation.  Their traffic
shaping abilities are embarrassing.

7500 is the classic aggregator.  They do the job quite well, actually.
 Based on cost right now, I would take 10 7500s over 1 7600 anyday.

For transit, though, I would use a Juniper - hands down.  Cisco has to get
their $hit together in terms of software stability.... one would hope it
would get more stable over time.... but alas no.

Dan.