Re: GSR, 7600, Juniper M?, oh my!

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Tue Jan 06 22:20:22 2004

At 09:37 PM 1/6/2004, you wrote:
Oh, also, on the subject of used market pricing...

It's been a while since I looked at Cisco ChDS3 PA
pricing in any serious detail, but as I recall they
were valued as though they were made of gold and
personally blessed by Pope John Chambers when compared
to used Juniper ChDS3s. If this is really your
Last time I bought a PA-MC-T3, I paid $4700.00 and that is a GREAT price. They usually sell for $5k+ Two years ago, I sold some extras for $1500-2000/ea. They have more than doubled in price. The PA-MC-2T3 cards are going for $10-12k used now! I bought them in 2000 and 2001 for $4500 each.

application, you could probably sell your load of
ChDS3 PAs to the waiting crowd of suckers on eBay and
trade up to a Juniper with money left over, on any
decent number of chds3's.
So... Everyone always says Juniper is so great. How does one get a legitimate copy of JunOS and a software support contract. I have called and emailed Juniper at least 3-4 times via each method and never received any response regarding getting a license for a used router. I would like to buy a used M5/10/20/40 just to play with it so I can learn more about them and how they work. We are interesting in the scalability and the cheap PIC cards available for the Juniper gear - especially the channelized DS3 interfaces. Does anyone have a useful contact or number for software maintenance at Juniper? I don't want to spend $5-10k on used Juniper gear if I can't get an OS to run on it. Any Juniper lovers care to help? TIA!

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." - Francis Jeffrey