Re: Out of office/vacation messages

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Jan 02 11:35:12 2004
On 2 Jan 2004, at 10:44, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

- run on Windows,
Oops, I see your problem. No self-respecting network operator runs any
M$W boxen as an MTA, so Templin is an imposter/troll.
This isnt true, the majority run Windows (at least thats what I see in various
meetings and from the user-agent headers)
I'm not arguing with your conclusion, but your reasoning is a little broken. Only a small proportion of the nanog list membership attend meetings, and those that do don't necessarily provide a representative distribution (of any kind).

Similarly, the user-agent headers you see are from people on nanog-post; I am told the nanog list is much bigger.

Joe