Re: Out of office/vacation messages

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Fri Jan 02 10:35:01 2004

Top posting, Pete Templin wrote:

> Alright, I'll bite.
>
> What are the "NANOG-approved" MTA/MUAs for this list that sort by
> conversation thread, run on Windows, send in wrapped plain text, have
> NANOG-approved OOO messages, and otherwise don't cause a flamestorm on
> the list?

Well, let's see:

 - sort by conversation thread,
Are there any that don't?

 - run on Windows,
Oops, I see your problem.  No self-respecting network operator runs any
M$W boxen as an MTA, so Templin is an imposter/troll.

Some foolish individuals run M$W MUA.  I don't such things myself, but
both Netscape and Eudora work fine for me on MacOS, so I'd expect them
to behave on M$W.

 - send in wrapped plain text,
Hmmm, I usually just wrap my own.  But both Netscape and Eudora have
that capability for the operationally challenged.

 - have NANOG-approved OOO messages,
Folks running reasonable MTA/MUA don't have this problem, so why don't
you check the message headers to see what clueful folks are using,
rather than trolling the list?  You can see all the message headers,
can't you?

--
William Allen Simpson