Automated Network Abuse Reporting

  • From: Jason Lixfeld
  • Date: Mon Dec 29 11:06:51 2003

We're a small company but none the less are inundated with firewall logs reporting numerous attempts to find holes in our network; c'est la vie. Seeing as how we are small, we don't have the resources to go through and send emails off to the abuse departments of each network sourcing the probes. Question is: Has there been development of some sort of intelligent unix land app that can understand Cisco syslog output, find the abuse departments of the sourcing networks and send them off a nice little FYI?