Re: Out of office/vacation messages

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Fri Dec 26 09:37:37 2003

On Friday 26 December 2003, at 9 h 11,
Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]> wrote:

> What I said is that the method proposed wouldn't cut down on OOOs to the
> list.

Yes, it will, in most cases. Let's take the following message:

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email protected]>
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]>
cc: [email protected]

Imagine that this message arrive in your mailbox. If your auto-responder
writes to [email protected], it is broken, period. With the algorithm I sent
(which is used in all serious responders), it will reply only to
[email protected]

Now, this message:

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email protected]>
To:  [email protected]

Imagine that this message arrive in your mailbox. If your auto-responder
writes to *anyone*, it is broken, period.

Now, this one: