May be OT: Riverstone Configuration Issue

  • From: Tom Daly
  • Date: Tue Dec 23 22:09:57 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to configure my Riverstone RS3000 v.8.0.0.0 to advertise a host
route with a BGP community on it.

Here is the cisco version of the command set:

redistribute static route-map static-to-bgp
!
route-map static-to-bgp permit 5
match tag 12345
set community additive XXX:12345
!
ip route 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.255 Null0 tag 12345

I'm spent 4 hours or so trying different configurations, route maps, and
ip-policies on the RS, with no luck. The route is exported into BGP, but
doesn't get tagged with the community.

Suggestions off list would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Thomas J. Daly
[email protected]