Re: Extreme spam testing

  • From: Mike Jezierski - BOFH
  • Date: Tue Dec 23 10:56:08 2003

At 6:15 +1000 12/23/03, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

And don't expect a "we want to be blocked so we can discourage the use of blacklists" attitude to work anymore. From us, at best you'd get a whitelist entry. The spamming problem really _is_ that bad.

...and I'll be a very happy man the day I shut down SORBS because spam is no longer an issue. I might get a life then.

/ Mat
AMEN Mat !!!

These damned spammers sending out junk to foul up bayesian filtering is getting to be too much. Not to mention the latest tactic is to sneak IRCbots onto victim's PC's and voila!! Open Proxy.

As long as there is a piece of crap operating system like windblows out there that bots and worms can easily compromise, then netblock port scans and detections of proxies will be a necessary evil of the internet.

I for one, if one of my luser subscribers is discovered with a proxy or IRCbot running then I for one would like to know about it.
--
Michael Jezierski
TriLutions Internet Center