.ORG Registrar ID List (was: Stupid .org registry code change)

  • From: Bruce Beckwith
  • Date: Mon Dec 22 19:24:59 2003

Mike,

You should deal with a registrar for this information, since that is one
of the services they can provide for you.

If you are interested in the cross-reference list, please see
http://www.pir.org/whois_search/registrar_whois_ids, which can be
accessed via the link at http://www.pir.org/whois_search/.

In addition, if you choose to use the web-based whois, then you can use
the link on the whois output for the registrar - so for example, the
domain nanog.org is at
http://www.pir.org/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?yes_popup_flag=0&whois_query_field=
domain+NANOG.ORG, and using the link for Sponsoring Registrar, in this
example "NSI(R63-LROR)" will give information on how to reach the
registrar - see
http://www.pir.org/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?yes_popup_flag=0&whois_query_field=
registrar+id+R63-LROR.

I will pass on your offer of career advice ;-)

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce W. Beckwith
VP, Operations