Re: [OT] Level3, 111 8th

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Sat Dec 20 02:52:05 2003

On Fri Dec 19, 2003 at 06:15:02PM -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> We are ordering our first cross-connect to the meet-me room since I've
> arrived, and I'm wondering how to specify the location to the vendors.

FWIW, I'm just going through hell at the moment trying to get a T1 terminated
in there. What I was told to do is just tell the telco the main suite number,
and give them the Level3 customer support centre phone number and tell them
to co-ordinate with them the install.

What seems to have happened is that Bell^WVerizon turned up to do the install,
were "turned away by the customer for trying to use thw wrong mux", and have
sat doing nothing for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping they went back yesterday,
or if not, Monday, but I'm having problems finding out whether they even went
or not!

Anyway, once the circuit is installed, you should get a DLR from the telco,
which *has* to show the exact demarc (suite, row, rack, shelf, ports, etc),
which you then provide to Level3 with a cross connect order. If the DLR is
wrong, expect Level3 to sit on it for a month before coming back saying that
it's wrong.

Gah!

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart     |   Tel: +44 (0)1628 407720 (x(01)37720) | Si fractum
Technology Manager |   Fax: +44 (0)1628 407701 (x(01)37701) | non sit, noli