Re: Bandwidth Control Question

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Fri Dec 19 12:14:50 2003

	Incase you didn't notice, the original poster works
for a Telephone Company.

	Such things as short distance x-connects, DS3, and other
services will make the most sense as they likely have the necessary
hardware and equipment to test and repair these types of cabling
whereas, wireless and other cable based solutions they will not
necessarily have the ability to repair at a low cost.

	This is not to say that I don't think that telephone
companies shouldn't be looking at more fiber based CPE solutions,
I suspect that this isn't something that Tom can influence.

	- Jared