Re: Bandwidth Control Question

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Fri Dec 19 12:01:28 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 11:35:34AM -0500, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 10:24:36AM -0600, Claydon, Tom wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone who responded. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in
> > a PA-MC-2T3+ card for the 7206...I have at least four PA-MC-T3 cards, and
> > they're not going to work the way I want them to (unless I rate-limit them).
>
> This is for point-to-point DS3, right?  I don't think you want -MC-
> anything, you'd want e.g. PA-2T3+ .  (I don't remember the original
> message though.)

	The PA-MC-2T3+ will do both channelized and unchannelized
DS3 with the same PA.

	This makes it easier on some of us who need both and for
doing sparing of hardware.  It's worthwhile to spend the extra cash
if you think you're going to need to do both clear channel and
channelized in the same box.. when it comes time to deal with
hardware failure, etc.. it'll easily pay for itself.

	- jared