RE: Bandwidth Control Question

  • From: Dan Ellis
  • Date: Fri Dec 19 11:23:44 2003

Thanks.  I not very familiar with the integrated DSU T3/E3 command set - still used to the good ol HSSI ports.  I'll agree, this sounds like a better solution if you are using one of the integrated cards.

Yes - you are correct, in my solution both sides should always use a traffic-shape or other shaping QoS command.  The rate limit is a final "police" in case the customer does try to send more than you would like them to.  Again, agreed, obviously if you can control the port speed (above - DSU bandwidth), that's a better solution.

--
Daniel Ellis,�CTO, PenTeleData
(610)826-9293

     "The only way to predict the future is to invent it."
                                                  --Alan Kay