Re: In need of help from Comcast

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Dec 12 14:31:35 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSLS wrote:
> For ISPs, it's important to make sure that [email protected] and similar
> NOC addresses don't block incoming mail.  (Similarly,
> spam filters can make it difficult to submit spam complaints...)

Its easier said than done.  Unfortunately, there are DOS attacks
on ISP [email protected] (and other well known addresses) in progress.  Perhaps
all ISPs should always have enough capacity to handle an infinite
number of messages to any contact; but reality sometimes intrudes.
I don't know a good answer to the problem.  You don't want filters
on your Abuse contact, but then it gets abused.

As a general policy the best I've come up with is Abuse should not
be included in the "standard" corporate or ISP filters/blocks.  However,
Abuse may have separate filters to deal with abuse specifically directed
at Abuse.