Re: AS Path Loops in practice ?

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Thu Dec 11 20:05:32 2003

In a message written on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:07:03PM +0000, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something having not done this myself but why arent the
> customers just using private ASNs? That would also remove the 'must default'
> clause.

Not enough, customers already use them internally, other things use
them (eg, route servers), easier to talk customers through configs
on the phone, allows customers who have IP space but not an ASN to
announce to the Internet without the provider having to announce
directly.  I'll bet there are more I can't remember.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org