Re: DS3 questions.

  • From: Richard J. Sears
  • Date: Thu Dec 11 11:53:58 2003

Hi Drew,

We have several customer we do this with using DS3s. On our end we use
an Adtran 830 DACS (pretty inexpensive).

We use the T3SU at the customers end with various cards (depending on
how much voice they want. We break out the voice channels and then run a
HSSI connection to a router as a fractional DS3.

In our case, we originate the dialtone at our facility with PRIs. then
pipe then to the different customer locations that terminate via DS3s
and CT3s at our facility, but you could easily do it with a
point-to-pint DS3 and some Adtran equipment.

I would suggest giving Adtran a call as they have a great pre-sales
engineering department. And no I don't work for Adtran :-)

Hope this helps.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:58:48 -0500
Drew Weaver <[email protected]> wrote:

>             We have a scenario where we have a DS3 at a Customer location
> that they want to use for both Data/PRI(voice) They need 8 Voice PRIs and
> they want to use the remainder of the DS3 for data. If we channelize this
> DS3, my question is, is it possible to use the unused portion of the DS3 as
> a fractional DS3, or would we have to terminate the rest as single T1s?
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Drew

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Digital Network
[email protected]
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."