Re: Need Contact at RoadRunner

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Fri Dec 05 18:07:28 2003

james wrote:

> : > I may be reaching here but I think perl scripting can do this.
> :
> : I wish.  I've been experimenting with doing exactly that for years.
>
> That is what I ment by "reaching", it was not intended to be a smart a** comment.
> How about mailing to abuse/[email protected]<domain> ?  I realize that the postmaster/abuse
> account is often non-existent but at least you made the effort. To me the important
> thing is at least trying to notify. So the clueless miss out. Tuff. Those of us that care
> would like to know there is a problem, so we can solve it.

I have been laid off for a while now so I may be out of touch, but
for all of the attacks I worked on, the only think we could know
(emphasis "could") was which interface the attack vehicle arrived on,
as a maximum.

Everything else was forged, spoofed, or unintelligble.

I was probably not filtering off traffic from you (for any value of
"you"), I was filtering off stuff with your IP address in it.