Re: Need Contact at RoadRunner

  • From: Tom (UnitedLayer)
  • Date: Fri Dec 05 16:53:27 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:
> A reasonable reaction to protect own-turf is to plug up holes as
> you identify the local end of it and wait to see if anybody cares
> about it after the fire-fight.

So block a /30, not a /24

> The likelyhood of being able to contact anybody competent and
> sympathetic is not worth the time and effort the attempt takes.

So next time I get portscanned from someone from RR, I should
just blackhole their IP space and wait till someone complains about not
being able to get to www.apache.org or www.archive.org?
Thats totally irresponsible.

Unless you like playing whack-a-mole, you need a smarter hammer, not a
bigger one.