Re: AOL rejecting mail from IP's w/o reverse DNS ?

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Thu Dec 04 15:05:08 2003

Chris Lewis  writes on 12/4/2003 2:24 PM:
As I understand it, they blacklist if an IP with no rDNS generates "some threshold of" complaints. Not just "no rDNS" by itself.
That is a good way to go.

A simple "no rDNS" rule causes too much trouble with our overseas customers. I'm sure AOL discarded that idea for the same reason.
Yup. The model can be extended to "if no rDNS, and if spamtrap hits or other spammish behavior noted from more than X IPs per /24, then block the /24".

srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations