Re: Firewall stateful handling of ICMP packets

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Wed Dec 03 19:00:56 2003

Actually, any halfway decent firewall allows you to permit certain ICMP
type codes while rejecting others. Not a perfect solution, but, for the
most part, there aren't a lot of fragmentation-needed exploits running
around. (In fact, I'm hard pressed to imagine how a Frag needed packet
for an invalid session could do much of anything).

Owen