Re: AOL rejecting mail from IP's w/o reverse DNS ?

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Wed Dec 03 12:04:01 2003

Pete Ehlke  writes on 12/3/2003 11:38 AM:
On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 11:28:19AM -0500, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

ps - there's of course the rather umm... interesting content below ;)
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/avoid-rfc-2317-delegation.html

Which is totally, completely wrong and causes, in both cases, servers to
leak name space (which causes cache poisoning) and, in once case,
servers to potentially be marked as lame. The man is flat out wrong.
Don't follow his advice.
The ;) smiley and that "umm..." before the "interesting" were added for precisely that reason. Sorry if I was not too clear.

And there should be an "as usual" after your "flat out wrong", I think.

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations