Re: incorrect spam setups cause spool messes on forwarders

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Dec 02 09:35:40 2003

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:23:41 +0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]>  said:

> What they are trying to do is to connect back to email.com's MXs and ensure
> that the user <[email protected]> who is trying to send them mail
> really does exist, and is not just a figment of some spambot's imagination.

And they tell that how, exactly, given that many sites do NOT allow VRFY or EXPN?

I suppose they could do a MAIL FROM/RCPT TO pair, look at the result, and
QUIT instead of DATA.  Of course, that would be silly, because if it ever ran
into another site that tried the same thing, that site would try to call back
and do a MAIL FROM/RCPT TO...