Re: incorrect spam setups cause spool messes on forwarders

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Dec 01 13:59:50 2003

Neezam Haniff  writes on 12/1/2003 1:46 PM:

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
So this would connect to the MX of gerbangmail.com and try to verify
that [email protected] exists.
	Out of curiosity, would you know offhand how they do the
validation?
It is my job to know, I guess ... as other people's jobs here are to know which routes are flapping where.

Mail filtering policies at an ISP can have quite unintended consequences on mail delivery from other ISPs. Especially ISPs that have a huge number of users with .forwards set to Verizon mailboxes.

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations