Reply-Message support in Microsoft Windows (was Re: [Re: Have worm?University upgrades network])

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Dec 01 10:44:19 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Ryan Dobrynski wrote:
> would be nice if microsoft had some sort of "launcher" like you see on
> all the good mmorpg's. pop open the launcher and it checks for updates
> and antivirus BEFORE it lets you out of jail to the rest of the world.

Heck, I'm just asking for simple stuff like Microsoft supporting the rest
of the PPP protocol, and displayed the Reply-Message sent by the network
to the computer's user instead of thowing it away.  That way you could
tell the user why the network is rejecting the access, instead of the
generic Microsoft error message.

Instead of using the features built into the protocol, because Windows
doesn't support the PPP messages, everyone else has to come up with other
ways to inform users what's wrong.