Re: TAT 14 failure

  • From: Vincent Gillet
  • Date: Wed Nov 26 07:25:54 2003

[email protected] disait :

> In a message written on Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:24:27PM +0000, [email protected] wrote:
> > still seeing decent ping times.  anyone detect an actual outage or issue?
>
> Best info we have is that there are two outages.  One has existed
> for the last 3 weeks or so between Tuckerton (New Jersey) and Bude
> (UK).  It takes out the "southern path" across the atlantic.
>
> There is a second outage between Bude (UK) and Katwijk (NL).  For
> circuits that landed in London or France this (should have) taken
> out the redundant path for those circuits.
>
> Circuits from Tuckerton (New Jersey) or Manasquan (New Jersey) to
> Katwijk (NL), Norden (DE), or some city in Denmark who's name I
> forget should still be up on the northern path.
>
> So, if you're in London or France your circuits are likely to be
> down, however some people in those locations used Contentinal
> capacity to link up to Katwijk, in which case they might still be
> operational.

I confirm that France is having some problem with TAT14.

France Telecom International Backbone (Opentransit) is currently running with
non TAT14 capacity (10G)  and one oc48 direct to Copenhagen (that is ok).

We (Opentransit) are currently not experiencing any congestion but are
implementing a new 10G circuit to secure our topology until TAT14 is
back to life (one leg at least).

> Both problems are undersea issues, so don't expect speedy resolution
> if you are down.

Yep .. i heard  days ... not hours  :-(

Vincent, Opentransit (France Telecom)